Housing and Homebuyer Services
The Quaboag Valley Community Development Corporation is excited to offer Counseling and Education Services to the Quaboag Region through our HOME program. Housing Counseling and Education Services can be incredibly beneficial for individuals and families who are considering homeownership, looking to take control of their financial situation, preparing to purchase a house, or looking for guidance post-purchase on how to maintain their home or how to avoid foreclosure. We provide you with guidance and knowledge to navigate the complex process of buying a home, maintaining a home, being a successful homeowner, or just learning how to budget and save.
HOME adheres to the National Industry Standards, ensuring that clients receive counseling and guidance of the highest quality and integrity.
- Budget Management: Assistance in creating a realistic and manageable budget that aligns with your financial needs
- Financial Planning: Helping you set achievable financial goals considering repairs, emergencies, and life events
- Credit Improvement: Understanding and improving your credit score
- Debt Management: Guidance on avoiding delinquency and managing debt effectively
Workshop Curriculum: This comprehensive workshop covers an extensive array of topics aimed at preparing participants for the intricate process of purchasing a home.
- Affordability Assessment: Determining what you can afford in terms of homeownership
- Monthly Cost Calculations: Understanding and calculating monthly homeownership expenses
- Budgeting and Planning: Educating on the importance of planning and budgeting for homeownership
- Credit Management: Addressing the impact of credit on purchasing power and strategies for credit improvement
- Home Shopping Guidance: Providing tips and guidance on how to effectively shop for a home
- Mortgage Pre-Qualification: Outlining the steps to pre-qualify for a mortgage
- Understanding Mortgage Processes: Explaining the roles of various parties involved in the mortgage process
- Avoiding Predatory Lending: Educating participants on identifying and avoiding predatory lending programs
- Types of Mortgages: Providing insights into different types of mortgages available
- Foreclosure Prevention: Equipping individuals with knowledge to prevent foreclosure
- Closing Expectations: Preparing participants for what to expect during the closing process
- Home Maintenance Tips: Offering guidance on home maintenance post-purchase
We recommend that attendees of our first-time homebuyers workshop complement the workshop with 1:1 counseling sessions.